Home built TIG foot pedal: need 14 pin wiring

I've built a foot pedal with a pot and a switch. It's for a Thermal Arc

250 GTSW which has a 14 pin connector (same as Miller?). I've measured the voltages on the connector and found more wires than expected. Can someone tell me what the pins are used for. I would like to know what all the pins do, even the ones I don't need for the foot pedal, if anyone knows, as I plan to build a pulser for it latter. I've called Thermal Dynamics twice and they said they would send me the manual but so far nothing has arrived. Here is what I measured with my VOM: Pin Reading A 25.9 VAC B 0 V C 0V D 0V ( Approx 0 Ohms to ground ) E 0V F Not connected G 0V ( Approx 0 Ohms to ground ) H 42.9 VAC I Not Connected J Not Connected K Not Connected L 120 VAC M 5.1 VAC N 4.3 VAC I was surprised to find no DC voltages.

Thanks for any help you can give Jack

Reply to
Jack Z

Yes, the TA 14 pin is the same as the Miller. That said..

A&B-contact closure to these terminals will activate the contactor and make output terminal "hot".

C-+10 volts to remote (high) D-remote circuit common or wiper E-0-10 volt command signal (low) K-if used, is a ground for the remote control device

Ingnore all other wires.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Reply to