Bit OT - TIG Welder pedals

I've got a Cebora TIG Inverter that I want to add a pedal to, but I grudge paying 180 (that's for one from Heliarc - I'm sure the genuine item was a
good bit more) for something that doesn't get used much.
I've got a pin out diagram of the connector, and all it needs is a potentiometer across three of the pins. However, I've not got any idea of what resistance will be needed, but I notice the heliarc pedals would seem to be a standard pedal, with a connector added to suit different welders.
Does anybody know what resistance pots are typically used in TIG pedals?
I can measure the voltage across the connectors on the welder if it'll help.
moray wrote:

If you can wait a few days I will measure the resistance on the one I have.
moray wrote:

If you can wait a few days I will measure the resistance on the one I have.
If you could, and it's not too much hassle, I'd be grateful. It's always better to have a definitive answer, rather than some if's, but's or maybe's of the interweb.
moray wrote:

Pretty sure I recall seeing 10K ohm come up, fairly often.
Dunno that you could do any harm....
From http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t $23&page=2 http://shdesigns.org/Welding/aircoctl.pdf shows 5K, and a few other components for an airco.
http://ssccontrols.com/homepage-TIGweldingcontrols.htm has lots of info, as well as cct diagrams, though the one I looked at had no value given.
It's a start...
Cheers Trevor Jones

I think I need to refine my google efforts! Thanks for those links. They've certainly given me some ideas, andI'll probably go for a 10k pot to start with.
I figure that as it's an inverter, going for a higher resistance is less likely to cause any magic smoke to be released.
moray