how many CFH for 75/25 gas mix, mig

Using a Thermal Arc Fab 131 with 75/25 gas mix. I've always used 100% co2 but the Fab 131 came with a regulator that has an argon / argon mix fitting. The gauge reads in CFH, what should I have it set to? I've read 15 - 25.

Also, I have a 60CF bottle, what PSI should that read when full of 75/25?

Thanks

-Tom

Reply to
TT

20-25 cfh in a small shop with no breezes. In a drafty larger shop 25 - 30 cfh

A full tank runs around 2000 - 2300 psi.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Hmm... hope that I've got a partially full bottle then, otherwise my regulator is bad. It reads under 1000psi.

Any way to tell? How heavy should a full 60cf tank of 75/25 be? I can drop it on my scale and that should tell me, I suppose.

Thanks

-Tom

Reply to
TT

The weight barely changes with pressurized gasses.. Take to a supplier. They can verify the content pressure with a known regulator.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler