How was your Fourth?

Sorry to hear this Steve. I hope that after these weeks, you will be back to your original condition and not any worse off.
I made a cart to get my most recent purchase home.
Ignoramus11230
I went ATVing, wheelied my ATV over on me, and got a crush fracture to my Ll
vertebra. Four weeks in a walker, three months in a brace.
It's always something. Sheesh.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
What a bummer ! Mine was great , four days alone with my wife at our place in the Ozarks .
Reply to
Terry Coombs
Ouch! Best wishes for an easier recovery than estimated.
I finished the tweaking on this over the weekend. Drew out 7 diffusion welded billets, even repairing a few delaminations from heating.
Todd Rich
Thanks. You never cease to amaze me. This is a good group, but I imagine how it could be with more people like you.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
We were to go to our cabin Saturday. sigh .........
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
"Todd Rich" wrote
I am impressed. Nice looking welds, too. Makes my caveman smashing rocks together process look a little outdated.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
I went out to mow the lawn, and in short order it started raining on me.
I went inside to make lunch and in short order I got paged by work.
I started working on the work problem and in short order the storm knocked out the power.
Fortunately the UPSes kept things up while I ran out to start the generator. After that things calmed down a bit.
Reply to
Pete C.
Major bummer Steve. I crushed L4-S1 and it sucks. Wear that brace even though it is about as comfortable as having being inserted into an Iron Maiden. It will help despite the discomfort. You will be back on your feet soon I hope and riding again (Heck, I do! but on motocross) Getting old sucks.. Hang in there buddy. Weld something cool to the walker at least. At least your here to write about it amigo.
Rob
Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.
Reply to
Rob Fraser
Thanks. I'm glad the welds don't look too bad. Did all the welding with my Millermatic 251 and ESAB 7100 Ultra wire. Thanks to Ernie for the advice. It did scorch up my welding jacket a bit. I'm glad I followed the advice of always using ear protection as I had few droplets hit my ear in some overhead welding postions. Todd
Reply to
Todd Rich
Good Luck on your recovery! I rode a two wheeler for 20 years, but I never trusted the ATV's.
BobH
Reply to
BobH
The box saved my ass.
And I AM going to get a picture of at least striking an arc in my walker and brace. I might be able to win a couple of drinks with it some day.
In the meantime, doing a lot of thinking.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
"Todd Rich" wrote
Ear protection is on the top of my list. I've always used it, but not for the noise. I'm already on my third set of hearing aids, burning out my hearing from as many loud concerts in my youth as industrial noise. Knew a couple of fellows who had career ending hot dingleberries in the ear. All it takes is one good one to make a convert out of you.
You did a nice job on your machine. I want one.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
I broke my leg last year. Spiral fracture of the tibia and fibula. two plates and seventeen screws. The sitting and thinking part sucks worse than any pain.
Heal up.
Reply to
John L. Weatherly
I got caught doing something stupid. Something I know NOT to do. When I really want to be hard on myself, I just look in the mirror.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
When forced to sit and think...read.
Read a good book, read a couple dozen good books. It helps take your mind off the pain, the fuckup and may even teach you something.
Start off with Heiliein
Gunner, who after several back surgeries etc etc...read a lot.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality", John F. Kennedy.
Reply to
Gunner Asch
I had a book waiting on me. Something about the meds or the general anesthesia would not allow me to focus my eyes on any one point for more than a little bit. Couldn't read, get on the computer, or watch TV for any length of time without feeling nauseated (literally not figuratively). I kicked the pills a week after surgery CT, but had the problem for several weeks.
My first day back at work I put a 5/8" punch through a 9/16" die on the ironworker instead of vice-versa. Oopsie!
Reply to
John L. Weatherly
Time to catch up on your reading...
If you're not living on the edge you're just taking up space......ED ......who has picked cactus spine out of road rash by the hour....
Reply to
ED