Is there any way to cut a plasma cup?

Hey guys,

Got a tight fit, Electrode out ain't gonna do it. Got some angles on AL. that are showing soot on some tubular angles in a compound situation a #17 torch short back cap and I wanted to slice a 30-45 degree on a #10 lens without it shattering or shattering under heat? Taping off the area for a purge is a no-go as it blocks the field of view and angle of approach. Hypersaturaton can have ill effects on the immediate area correct? I'm backpurging the ID but the weld sucks as is. Just a regular gas lens, not Pyrex

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.

Reply to
RDF
4.5"dia. x 5/8"-11 arbor, 60-80 grit flap wheel on a side grinder should do the trick!
Reply to
Harpman

Thank you sir, I'll give it a shot in the morning. Also thanks for not dorking me for calling it a plasma cup... I had way too long of a day when I posted the question.

Again, my thanks

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.

Reply to
RDF

Safety is the obvious concern......I'd jig it up in a vise...make sure you insert the threaded collet body into the cup prior to clamping....should give it internal support for the grind! Good Luck Harp

Reply to
Harpman

I recently cut some alumina cups using a small wet tile saw. Prior to using the saw I tried just about everything else in the shop without much luck. I tried diamond and carbide turning on a lathe, aluminum oxide grinding wheel on a bench grinder, 4 1/2 angle grinder with metal and stone wheels, and a thin dry cutting disc mounted on a surface grinder. They barely scratched it. The tile saw, a HomeDepot $90 special, cut it like butter.

Reply to
tomcas