It worked !

I was asked to repair or remake an ejector for an old shotgun . After a long period of intense thought <yeah , right> I decided to try to build up
the worn/ground off area with my TIG welder and some .025 MIG wire <4 strands twisted together> . The repair was accomplished at 35 amps DC , no pulse . I'm exceedingly happy ! <<BTW , this part is case-hardened in some areas . I drilled a light press fit hole in a piece of aluminum flat stock , tapped the ejector into the hole , and welded away . The parts that should be hard are still hard , and as soon as I get done grinding/filing the part to shape I'll test it . I have two 3" Mag shells , and one 2 3/4" to fire for tests . >>
--
Snag

On 1/29/2014 3:31 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Uh, remember to tie it down and use a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG string to pull the trigger.
DAMHIKT
That Alaska show the other night, they were testing a .50 cal.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Nah , not a part that could cause damage , it's the little hook that tosses the spent case into your face ... <grin> . This was a Savage/Stevens model 107B top break single , someone had attempted a repair sometime in the past that had failed . I was originally going to use O/A and braze it , but couldn't find any 1/16" filler . Four strands of .025 ER70S6 twisted together was just right . This was a challenge to me because it was so small . But it worked out well , the customer is happy and said he'd recommend me to others . And that's worth more than what I charged him .
--
Snag