It worked !

I was asked to repair or remake an ejector for an old shotgun . After a long period of intense thought I decided to try to build up the worn/ground off area with my TIG welder and some .025 MIG wire . The repair was accomplished at 35 amps DC , no pulse . I'm exceedingly happy !

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Uh, remember to tie it down and use a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG string to pull the trigger.

DAMHIKT

That Alaska show the other night, they were testing a .50 cal.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Nah , not a part that could cause damage , it's the little hook that tosses the spent case into your face ... . This was a Savage/Stevens model 107B top break single , someone had attempted a repair sometime in the past that had failed . I was originally going to use O/A and braze it , but couldn't find any 1/16" filler . Four strands of .025 ER70S6 twisted together was just right . This was a challenge to me because it was so small . But it worked out well , the customer is happy and said he'd recommend me to others . And that's worth more than what I charged him .

Reply to
Terry Coombs