Lincoln 175 redux

Well, it is confirmed. It welds like a POS. I have contacted Lincoln, thanking them for the new gun, which I knew would not make a whit of difference, and it did not. I have written a letter to them requesting a gratis service since I have been having problems since the unit was new. Shame on me for not taking it in before now, but ...............

We'll see. They will either fix it and do it for free, I'll pay for it, or I'll dump it and go blue.

Will advise.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Ignoramus13162

Roses are Red Power sources are blue......

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

Okay. Which one? I may even consider the current variation of the old MillerMatic 200. Other than that, which model that is similar in size to the Lincoln 175 SP, and definitely has to be 220.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I would consider a Millermatic 210, 250, 251, 252.

Ignoramus2407

I like the roll arounds, but I need one that I can hoist into odd positions, and handle by myself. So, I guess I'll just have to get one of each.

My Lincoln guy is SUPPOSED to be back in the office today, and hopefully I will hear from him on what Lincoln will do for me on this. Called HEMI, a Lincoln repair station, and they said $75 per hour, and circuit boards were about $400 per. If I can't get Lincoln to help with this, I'll just go get a Miller. A friend of mine has the 180 (?), and he likes it. Similar to the Lincoln 175 in size. Might even shop for a used one. I can get a used one for what this one is going to cost to get fixed.

Crap! It's always something.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B