Lincoln 185 vs. Thermal Arc 185

Started a TIG class a couple months ago, am building an airplane, and narrowed my search for a TIG welder to the Lincoln 185 and the Thermal Arc 185. Have read reviews of these machines on this forum and others and am about ready to go with the TA 185. Just wanted to ask before I buy whether anyone has anything negative to report on the TA. When asking people at the local gas/welding equipment shops who carry both models about it the only negative I hear about the TA is that they have not been around as long as Lincoln and it may be harder to get repairs and parts. Any other opinions?

Thanks

Reply to
Rick Holland

You will like everything about a Thermal-arc 185 better then the Lincoln. It is just too much for the Lincoln to compete against. Just having the upslope/downslope/repeat is worth it's weight in gold, on out of position welding.

I still do not know why Lincoln brought that unit out. I guess only to sell it to the uninformed or to play to the fears people have of inverters?

Scott

Reply to
scott