Looking for bronze bushing suppliers

I looked in McMaster-Carr, they don't list the size I'm interested in. Looking for 1-1/16 OD and 15/16 or 7/8 ID.

Can anyone recommend someone else? Google search finds lots of bearing manufacturers, but they generally don't sell small quantities to end consumers.

Lane

Reply to
lane

- "lane" - spluttered in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Auto parts stores? Sounds close to sizes used for kingpins. They'll probably be Oilite type.

Huh?

Page 1003 of Cat 110:

That's about the only OD they don't have. Try crossing over a metric size.

Reply to
Greg M

Reply to
David Billington

Application is a brake pedal on a '75 Jeep DJ. The brake pedal wobbles side to side almost a 1-1/2". The cast brake pedal arm rides on a 1" steel shaft. There is currently no bushing there at all. Just metal on metal, but at least it does have zerk fittings. I figured I could turn the shaft down to

15/16" and bore out the pedal to 1-1/16". Can't go any more than that, not too much material there as it is.

Reply to
lane

Buy your od size with a smaller id and ream/drill it out rentapen

Reply to
Rentapen

Reply to
David Billington

That is an idea. I also talked with someone yesterday that suggested to braze up the ID of the pedal, and ream it to size and make a new pivot shaft from 1" material. I think I'm going to try this. Thanks to all for their suggestions.

Lane

Reply to
lane

did i miss something (on the dimensioning)?? aren't you actually looking for .063 shim stock??? thnx,

Reply to
dogalone

Reply to
David Billington

It is cast iron. I will preheat and cool slowly.

Reply to
lane

Are you sure there's no bushing in there? Some of the online jeep stores talk about a bushing.

I'd kind of expect the brake arm to be a weldment, not an iron casting. Of course you have the part to look at, and I don't.

I wonder how much a junkyard would want for one

Reply to
djtcz

I am absolutely positive on both questions. This is a DJ model, not a CJ.

Reply to
lane