Looking for plans

--Have been sporadically googling for something but coming up dry;
maybe someone here knows where I could find plans to build a dune buggy? I
don't mean to build anything huge that needs a supercharged V-8 but I'd like
to find something bigger than a gokart. I'm particularly interested in
learning, while building, the details of steering geometry, etc as I'm
currently driving a Chinese POS 2-seater gokart with really lousy geometry.
--Any pointers appreciated.
Reply to
steamer
You might check with some of the folks listed here under "Dune Buggy Parts & Resources".
Sounds like you might be happy with a Veedub.
Reply to
Maxwell
After evaluating ATV's and similar, I am quite convinced that the off road folks have no comprehension of the race car suspension things like Akerman steering (no tire scrub on turns), bump steer (steering direction changes depending on ride height), bump toe (toe in changes with ride height), under steer, roll center, and a host of other things. On loose or slippery surfaces you can get away with ignoring a lot of things but it does handle better when you do it correctly.
You might want to do a search on 'sand rail' as well as the 'dune buggy someone else mentioned. Things like this one

I did find this one, (cough, cough) http://> --Have been sporadically googling for something but coming up dry;
Reply to
RoyJ
Try googling the term "sand rail" instead of dune buggy.
Ernie Leimkuhler
$59k? Where are the TOW missile pods and the gold plated bud vases?
Gunner
Reply to
Gunner