MIG welder - a good idea

I recently realized that something wasn't right on my MIG setup. It welded fine, but if I'd put the gun down for awhile the tank would bleed down. Today I mixed up a little dishwashing soap in water and leak-tested the connections. Ah-HA! The hose connection leaving the flowmeter was a little loose. Snugged up with a wrench, all fixed. Wish I'd thought of that about $75 in gas ago, sigh.

It's a good idea to leak-test your welding cylinders hose connections occasionally.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Grant: This is a good idea for all fittings, ground clamps and torch handles. I recently discovered that my ground wire was loose at the clamp and the torch wire was loose within the torch handle. Would have been real scarey to have a wire pull loose while welding.

-Mike

Grant Erw> I recently realized that something wasn't right on my MIG setup. It welded fine,

Reply to
mlcorson