Miller Spectrum 125C Plasma cutter opinions

Hey all,

I got a good deal on a new in box 125c I plan on using for light work around the shop and elsewhere. Any of you have history or use one? Seems like a good cutting handle for intricate work vs. the monster size machine (and the three phase issue) I just put it on the cart fired it up, nothing to chop up yet (Moved shop).

Any thought- remember no industrial plans for this, just tin-work and maybe a bunch of exhaust work. Is there anything I need to know?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Reply to
RDF

I liked the one I used and have a esab handy plasma. The esab has a little finer kerf or even dross on 16 ga ss or aluminum. I think it's because you run a true drag cut with the esab. The Miller makes it up on thickness it can cut. It will sever .250. Miller really gets a lot out of the 12 amps output. I would buy one. I used it at a Miller show and it was one of the most impressive machines there. I was not that impressed with their 3050 model that I also ran. The 375 was nice too, and about like the Cutmaster 38.

Reply to
svande48