Miller welder lead connection taper question

I did a favor for a machine tool dealer this last week, and in return, he "stuck" me with some stuff he couldnt sell. An older Miller Dialarc

250 AC/DC welder and a wood planer. Planer questions in another post...

The welder had been hit a glancing blow with a fork lift and was a bit bent, so it sat on the shelf for several years, missing the leads and whatnot. So he told me to haul it off, or stick it in the dumpster...

Being the eternal optimist..I dragged it home.

After doing a micky mouse quicky repair of the various ills, just to test it, I found out the damned thing works like a charm. AC/DC are smooth and it really welds fine.

So I spent today straightening out the bent sheetmetal, doing proper repairs to the electrical guts and after some hours, the critter looks pretty damned good, if I may say so myself. Needs paint..shrug..

The welder uses a small tapered push in connector to connect the leads to the AC welding lead and DC +/- welding lead outputs. I had to make a new plastic housing for one of the AC output connectors, but it was a snap with the lathe.

Does anyone have a similar welder, and can you give me either the dimensions of the male portion, or the taper of it? I need to make up a pair of plugs to fit the output connectors. I have the brass to do it, and of course, the lathe.

I have a spare stinger and ground clamp and the cable, so its good to go soon as I make up the connectors. This will make the Lincoln AC-225 and the Century AC/DC welders surplus as it will become my main workhorse machine and will get a permanant home under the welding table.

Thanks

Gunner

Come shed a tear for Michael Moore- Though he smirked and lied like a two-bit w**re George Bush has just won another four. Poor, sad little Michael Moore

Diogenes

Reply to
Gunner

Like this?

I don't know the dimensions on the connectors, but I had an old Airco crank style (made by Miller) with the same connectors on them. I couldn't spend any money to get the machine working, so I made some standard lug connectors out of them. Just a nut and bolt, basically.

Hope this helps

Reply to
John L. Weatherly