Miller XPT 300 that is bad for $100

Some local guy is selling a bad Miller XMT 300 for $100. What would you say are the chances of a successful EASY repair on those. I am definitely not interested in anything difficult.

thanks

Ignoramus15939

Impossible to say. It's a crapshoot. You'll either fix it cheap, fix it expensively, or have another boat anchor to add to your collection. If you do fix it cheap, or at least inexpensively, looks like there's enough wiggle room to make a few bucks. You know these things, Ig. It can be a fuse, or a broken wire, or something very simple, or it could just be fried eggs. If it's easy and cheap to fix, you're good to go.

Reply to
Steve B

Steve, thanks. I have my hands full and I will decline this opportunity.

Reply to
Ignoramus15939

Might just get some parts - transformer and whatnot for another project.

One wheels ? a cart ? might be worth for those... and power cord and the other expensive copper ones the user uses...

Parts likely worth more than the whole.

Mart>> Some local guy is selling a bad Miller XMT 300 for $100. What would

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Im not sure..but isnt the XPT an inverter welder? That...could get complicated....

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I looked up the XMT, IIRC, and it's either a steal for $100 or a great boat anchor. Trouble is, you can buy a boat anchor for $15.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B