Need Advice Best Stick Welder $300.00-900.00 price range

I am interested in purchasing a Stick Welder and need advice for for machine in the $300.00 - $900.00 Range. used for small projects, around the farm maybe some larger too.

Thanks Dale

Reply to
Splitter

RoyJ

Lincoln Tombstone...AC-225

Most of rural America is welded together with one.

$225-275 at the box stores

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

A used Idealarc 250, if the extra weight is not a problem.

Reply to
ATP*

The Idealarc 250 is a sweet machine - however,

If 'around the farm' means you might be out in a field somewhere doing a repair away from AC power, try to find a used motor generator welder like a Miller Bobcat or similar.

One of these will be at or somewhat above the top end of your price range and you'll have to wait/search to find one, but I think it would be worth the effort in added convenience for field work.

Carla

Reply to
Carla Fong

What a shame George Bush doesnt seem to be a bible reader...............if he had taken the above advice, then maybe a lot more Americans would be alive today, and would not have been obliged to give thier lives for his oil industry buddies!

Ken

Ernie? Can I bitch slap the Useful Idiot?

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

Do note that threatening the president like this is likely to earn you a visit from the Secret Service. Besides, Ken has just done about all that can be accomplished in this forum.

Reply to
Owen Davies

Ken is president of what?

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

If bush had been familiar with history of Iraq region, then he would have seen how badly the British had their asses kicked there in the past, and this may have led him to have forseen the self same situation happening again!

I wonder if anyone still supports the attack against the people of Iraq, they would be good enough to outline what it has actually achieved? There were after all no WMDs to be found, and attacking a soveriegn state to effect regime change is illegal under international law, and this would seem to equate to an act of terror, using the criteria of the US government, as the defining criteria!

Ken

President of nothing.............but keenly interested in what lies behind a situation that has meant the murders of 100,000 Iraqi people, and the deaths of more than a 1000 US servicemen in bringing this about!

Ken

No, just turn the other cheek.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Ok. Will do. Now if the buffoon wishes to take it to another newsgroup..say Misc.survivalism..Id be happy to spank him and send him home to his mommy.

Respects

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

Oh. I misunderstood. My bad. It did occur to me to wonder why someone might have referred to the Shrub as a "useful" idiot, but finally decided that you had intended irony. That anyone could have clung to his delusions about the current occupant of the White House in the face of so much evidence never occurred to me.

For what it's worth, in the run-up to the invasion someone plaintively told a friend of mine, "Christ, he's George Bush's son. We thought he'd be smart." The speaker was a member of the Republican National Committee.

Being a Republican, as I once was, does not mean that you have to resign from the reality-based community. Though it must help, just now.

Owen

Reply to
Owen Davies

What you going to do, rewrite history then?............The facts speak for themselves and the only people getting spanked here are US servicemen who are dieing in an illegal war, started to further the business interests of bush's good buddies!

Ken

absolutely no wmd were found.....except the 1.4 metric tons of uranium. oh and those barrels of nerve agent, and several mobile labs set up for biological manufacture. Do more than regurgitate the lies the national media wishes you to believe. I served my country. I am personal freinds with 2 marines who have been there and done the hard jobs.I get my information from them and emails sent to them from people in country. So sit in your easy chair ,suck on your beer and go on believing what the big networks tell you.Before long you will be a slave as they wish you to be. "A lie repeated often enough becomes the truth"---George Orwell

Reply to
digitalmaster

"digitalmaster" wrote

You forgot to mention that no evidence of wmds were found either. Unless you consider all those hundreds of thousands of people buried here and there to be fertilizer plants.

In Cambodia, the Khymer Rouge's way of killing people was to drive a spike into the base of the back of their head. Thousands and thousands of skulls were found with a single hole in them It saved money on ammunition. They killed so many thousands of people, the term "Killing Fields" was coined. A sharp stick can be a wmd.

A wmd doesn't have to kill a whole bunch of people at once to be considered a wmd. Not to me, it doesn't.

Only to the liberal PC crowd, who would say such a thing as "define 'is'".

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

You mean kind of like your relationship with Bush, Cheney, and Rove, not to mention Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, and all those other pillars of the "liberal media establishment?"

A lesson Karl Rove has mastered.

Not that he really needed to. The unifying characteristic of zealots, from American wing-nuts to radical Islamists, is that whatever they want to believe must be true; evidence to the contrary is by definition no more than lies cooked up by their idiological enemies.

Oh, yeah. I never made it into the military, but I have served my country in other ways, including working on research projects for the Pentagon and other security-related government agencies. One of my brothers-in-law, now deceased, was a Marine who had no use for the Shrub, while the other is ex-infantry and Army Air Corps (which tells you which war he fought in.) Last election, disgusted by the lies you still cling to, he voted Democratic for the first time in his life.

Reply to
Owen Davies

Reply to
Emmo

In this, you are nearly unique. "Weapons of mass destruction" is a term of art, and as such it has a fixed meaning. It refers, as you know, to the NBC weapons, nuclear, biological, and chemical. Even the Bush administration adheres to this definition.

This is, by the way, a somewhat deceptive term. It groups chemical and biological weapons, which few authorities consider to be reliable killing methods under any but ideal conditions, with nuclear weapons, which can be counted on to do their job. Witness the Aum Shinrikyo attack in 1995, in which Sarin gas managed to kill only 12 people despite being confined in a Tokyo subway station at rush hour. Set off a nuclear bomb there, and the results would have been more impressive.

However, I do somewhat agree with you. Anything that kills--or for that matter cripples--enough people, even in retail lots, might in an informal sense be considered a weapon of mass destruction. As an example, consider how Americans now are being needlessly killed and maimed in their thousands. The weapons doing that job are the many tons of conventional munitions and explosives virtually given to Sunni nationalists because our forces ignored them while searching for NBC weapons that did not exist. By your definition, the Bushies overlooked the real weapons of mass destruction while chasing nothing but their own fantasies.

Reply to
Owen Davies