oxy/fuel tank mounting

as i tinker along with it, my newest welding trailer is coming along nicely. im looking for ideas on alternate methods of mounting the oxygen and propane tanks for my torch setup. it would be easy enough to mount a standard verticle support for the tanks, but before i do that im hoping some of you have some pictures of more innovative ways of mounting the tanks. ive thought about having the oxygen tank horozontal laying longways beside the welder but im not sold on it. i know the propane has to be kept verticle or it will freeze. any tips or suggestions? thanks,

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Here are some pics of the cylinder racks I built for my rig. The one on the passenger side used to hold an argon tank and water cooler for the TIG setup I used to have in my truck. I removed it because I recently bought a stick/TIG machine for the shop. That rack will be removed soon due to the value of the real estate in the truck. Hope this helps.

Good luck

John L. Weatherly

many thanks for the pics john, i like your design. here is the one i built for my oxygen bottle

but i havent quite figured out yet how i want to mount it to the trailer. i figured on building something similar for my propane bottle.

Reply to
Nathan Collier