Pictures of welding skill

I just wanted to create a thread that could be a repository of skillful welds. If any of you have a page or know of good ones, please post a link. Be it OA,TIG,MIG,STICK, anything that identifies skill and artistry would be perfect. Even the old mainstay of popcans welded would be applicable. There is an art to nice welding so lets see the artwork!

Reply to
cl

I don't have a web site to post, anyone have a site I can upload?

Richard

Reply to
AMW

try

to post a pic.

Reply to
rparz

I'll be devil's advocate, and ask if this is really worth the effort?

Seems to me that there can be really pretty welds that are actually crap for the strenght of connection. How do we know what we are looking at?

A video of the weld process and some kind of certification of the quality of that weld would make it worthwhile.

On the other hand, watching the weld process in different environments from someone who is acknowledged to have skill might be great. I have a good video camera and some editing capability. Do we have good welders in the SF Bay area that want to share?

Reply to
Rex