Lincoln LN-7

I have acquired a Lincoln LN 7 wire feed . It came out of a vo-tech school. It is made to hook to a welder and requires a 14 pin connection. We have several large welders, but none have the

14 pin set up. I am on the verge of hauling it across the scales as I don't have enough room to keep it. The one I have is Lincoln gray, but here is the machine:
The unit is too heavy to ship cheaply, unless I remove the spool of wire, channel iron base, lifting hook, wire feed gun, etc. The unit is in central Oklahoma. Any interesting ideas?

DanG

You have acquired a bullet proof unit. I am sure it can be adapted. It takes a bit of digging around for the correct connection but it is doable. Your Lincoln sales rep might be able to help. Randy

Reply to
Randy Zimmerman

Those are Battle-tank wire feeders. We have one at school that is likely 30 years old. It sits on an ancient gray Lincoln "Squirt" welder we use exclusively for heavy self-shielded flux-core wire.

Damn hard to kill those feeders.

Check with a welding repair shop for a pin-out chart.

The only thing that may limit what machine you can run it on would be the control voltage needed.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler