Re: Little OT-Fruits from staring at the ditch

How about:

  • brand new 1000' spool of 3/8" rope
  • 5 and 10 ton chains
  • power belt sander in excellent condition
  • misc. tools, screwdrivers, pliers
  • tree pruning shears

Then there's the items I won't stop for:

  • dead raccoons, cats, dogs, ground hogs and rabbits
  • couches and chairs
  • ugly old ladies
> > Hi, > > > > I am one to stare at the side of the road when I drive as there might > > be some kind of 'goodie" on the side of the road. More than once I have > > stopped on the side of the road and picked up wrenches, > screwdrivers...etc. > > > > My wife sometimes gives me shit for not looking at the road as I am > > always looking for stuff. One time I saw a very bright orange handled > > screwdriver on the side of the road and I was in my welding rig ...I hit > the > > brakes and pulled over....I started backing up and turned to my wife and > > said "grab that screwdriver on the side of the road'....so she gets out > and > > comes back saying 'this screwdriver is bent and was no good"...I ask her > to > > show it to me and it is a damned brake adjusting tool made by Snap-on > tools! > > Bonus! > > > > Well Today was another one of those finds..... I am cruising down the > > highway with my welding rig and i see something that looked like a hand > held > > drill on the shoulder of the road.... I back up and get out to find a > Ryobi > > cordless commercial use flashlight complete with rechargable 14.4 volt > > battery that must have fallen off somebody's truck. I hgit the switch and > it > > works....totally cool... this afternoon i ordered the charger for it and > it > > is 45 bucks Canadian so for this find I have a cordless flashlight. > > So who says paying attention to the ditch dosen't pay off eh? > > > > Jim Morris > > Morris welding & holdings Ltd > > Sask Canada....... > > > > > > > > > > > > > I guess Canadian don't like anchoring stuff to their vehicles, eh? I've > found very little in the way of usable items along the road in my neck of > the woods. > > Lane > > >
Reply to
whiplash

Since I moved to Michigan, I've found there are those who'll stop for the raccoon, and there are game laws to regulate taking roadkill. A coworker proudly brought a roadkill badger in to show us. He traps for extra money in the winter.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III