Rustbuster rod?

Does anyone have experience with the "Rustbuster Rod" by US forge. The user sheet claims it welds all dirty steels, all positions. The rod has a rough brown coating. Thanks, Will

Reply to
Cudgel

Sounds like 6010 more or less.

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

I have seen that product but never used it. I would go with ordinary

6011 >Does anyone have experience with the "Rustbuster Rod" by US forge. The user
Reply to
Tom Kendrick

Reply to
Richard Smith

And I really believe that the technique you used accounted for at least half of the success. Yes, there are some rods that just plain would not have done the same thing. But, getting a puddle and "burning it in" at the right points has a lot to do with being successful or not.

i.e. Ten people could have welded the same thing with different results.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B