Smiths torch

Hi all. I just picked up a used oxy acetylene setup that came with a Smiths torch and brazing tip. Is Smiths and Smith a different company?

I'm looking at getting a cutting torch for it but can't seem to find one online. When I went to the Smith website. Their cutting attachments look like they will fit the Smiths torch. Seems like people have said that Smiths is/was a highly regarded name in cutting tools. Please help! Thanks, Ed the noob

Reply to
cunning linguist

Any welding supplier should have the smith catalog. It may be old enough that the current parts won't fit it.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Ed,

I am not trying to use this NG to sell things but I may be able to help.

I think I have a SMITH"S barrel and cutting head that I just sent in to have totally overhauled and bead blasted. I bought a package of things that came with Victors, Smith's, & Harris barrels and cutting heads and Tanks. I sent them all to be overhauled and I kept the Victor Contractor Barrel and ordered a cutting head for that just for any bigger cutting jobs. Other wise I will use my small Victor set for Brazing and light cutting. I bought everything just for the tanks at a good price.

If you want I can check to see if the Barrel (mw)? and cutting head (mc-509) are still on consignment at the welding shop.

Don

Reply to
Don D

I'll bet you bought an original "Romex" watch when you visited New York too! I'd say you were taken like a fat pigeon.

Danno

"cunn*Hi all. I just picked up a used oxy acetylene setup that came with a Smiths