Tank Questions

I picked up a new(?) cylinder today. No collar stamping, 2015 on the end of the numbers, indicating it is almost new. Labeled and all, with C-25. I have seen these things rated at everything from 20 to 60 cubic feet. This Google thing is getting frustrating, as you can specify search terms, and get all sorts of things in results, not a lot of what you are looking for included. The tank is about 24" to the top of the neck, and just over 6" in diameter. What I see indicates it is a "C" tank. If it is, what's it worth. Like I say, new. I bought it from the guy who bought it new, and he says he gave $100 for it, but I find that a little low, as C-25 is expensive by itself.

And I bought a keg dispenser with a tiny CO2 that is about 12" tall. The guy at the welding store said he would give me $110 credit towards another CO2 tank, which I thought very high. Maybe those little ones are in demand among beer drinkers.

How big is the C-25 tank, how much it is worth? And why does the tiny CO2 tank cost so much?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Sounds like a 45 cuft tank.

60's are around 36" tall. $80 - $100 seems fair for a new one.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Is the tiny CO2 tank aluminum? That would make it worth more than a steel one. Alot of guys like the AL CO2 tanks; lighter, eaiser to carry and they do not rust in your beer fridge.

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

I got it from the guy who bought it new. It was full of C-25. He said he paid $100, which seemed a little light to me. I paid $35. No collar stamp. Owner cylinder. I have a 60, and now I have a backup.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

It is steel. When I took it over to horse trade for a 20# ' er, the guy said he'd give me $110 credit on it towards a 20. I need to research a little more and see what a regular 20 CO2 goes for to see if he was jacking up the price on both ends. I thought the little ones might be better for taking to the park, etc.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B