TCT Blade in Abrasive Cutt-off saw?

There are some posts refering to the use of TCT saws for steel. The local TCT saw suppliers here say that 1500 rpm is the max you can run TCT blades of 355mm dia through steel. The cutt-off saw I have runs at 3700 rpm (4500metres/min), does anyone know if there are TCT blades which will work in this environment? They have suggested that I use a diamond wheel, but these wouldn't be any good on Ali. John Allen New Zealand

Reply to
John Allen

Be aware that iron / steel / Fe type metal simply loves carbon. The diamond wheel would be absorbed into the metal and a new alloy built. Diamond is great on rock, and man made tile / bricks and non ferrous metal.

Martin

Reply to
Eastburn