lincoln squarewave 175 question?

I am looking to get a lincoln squarewave 175 used form a local guy. but don't know much about TIG yet. I am currently using a MIG and confortable using it.

I've checked the specs on the TIG machine , and read what it is capable of. a few questions? does it worth $1000 ( all complete with gas bottle) how expensive consumables for the TIG vs. for my MIG? does it requier special filler rod? how good the the "stick welder" function on this machine ? what are the disadvantages vs. the MIG, (which I am planning to sell if i buy this TIG)

thanks

Reply to
acrobat-ants