TIG high frequency?

Does anyone know the range of frequencies emitted by the high frequency generators on TIG welders? I'm trying to compile a list to compare and predict interference with other equipment. Stories are also welcome!

thanks

Reply to
ben carter

in my miller manual it states 50 Ft. radius from the center point they basicly illustrate that all metal object should be grounded

go to page 30 and 31 of 52

Reply to
acrobat-ants

I was wondering if the HF would effect my neighbours TV which is about

2m to 2.5m away with a block wall and a brick and block cavity wall > Does anyone know the range of frequencies emitted by the high
Reply to
David Billington

The HF is only on for arc-strike isn't it ? AFAIK, the HF comes from a Tesla coil type arrangement, which means that the frequencies are essentially broad band AM scruff from 0 to the low giga-hertz.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

According to Miller, my Syncrowave 180SD operates at 3000vac oscillating at

3000000 hertz. I've had no problems with TV, Computer, cordless phone etc. Proper grounding is the main factor. All my shocking experiences have been low voltage in places you know you shouldn't be, just trying to get the job done.
Reply to
John D

Apparently my Squarewave 275 does quite a number on the phone if I don't unplug the one in the garage. I'm not sure if it's the high frequency, as it seems to do it even when I'm welding DC. It also interferes with the TV reception in the house. (no cable, just rabbit ears). Anyone else have this problem? I've never had a complaint from the neighbour, so I think it's localized to my place.

Pete

ben carter wrote:

Reply to
Peter Snell

Welding arc frequency range = DC - Daylight.

W.P.

Peter Snell wrote:

Reply to
Pete C.