Tig welding tubes.

I tried today welding 2 tubes jointed by a fishmouth. I find that the intensity is either right for the angle (and then I melt the side flat) or right for the side (and then I can't weld in the angle). Is there any way to do such a weld without a foot pedal?

Reply to
jerry_tig2003

You adjust your heat by how fast you travel and how much filler you add.

Do a fishmouth joint in 4 sections. Tack it 4 times and then connect the tacks. Place the tack welds 45 degrees in rotation from the center of the fillet and flat welds.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler