TIG with Pulse?

I am planning to build a tube chassis vehicle and I want to invest in an AC/DC TIG welding machine.

The thing is, there also is a similar TIG welding machine with a Pulse feature.

Is this feature necessary?

or do I just buy the AC/DC TIG without the pulse feature?

Reply to
lethaldriver

A pulser is like a Turbo on a car. Yes, you can drive a non-turbo car anywhere you need to go. The Turbo just gets you there a little faster, and you have a little more fun.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

any better answers?

Reply to
lethaldriver

Are you trying to understand how a pulser works, or what? You asked if you should buy it, and Ernie said yes, buy it. You don't need a better answer, you need a better question!

Grant

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin

A pulser lets the average power be the same, but has pulses of higher power. The pulses heat the pool up so it flows and wets better. But with the average power the same, you don't get it so hot that you get holes. It is a really nice thing to have. If you are a super welder, you can pump the amptrol and get the same effect. But it is hard to do as quickly and with as much control. So highly recommended for someone new to welding if they are going to weld things as exhaust pipes.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

thank you Dan!

when it comes to welding jobs, is there a big difference between a TIG with Pulse and TIG without Pulse? so is the pulse feature is usually for welding very thin metal?

Reply to
lethaldriver

Useful where you might blow holes.

Dan