welding cast iron ironwork

I have a ornamental ironwork catalogue with spears for a gate and railing and they advertise to be fully weldable. Can i weld mig an iron part with cast iron? Or maybe they mean that they have an iron ending so it can be welded? Thanks

Reply to
fab

Hi Fab, They are not cast iron, they are drop forgings, they can be welded with stick or Mig. Regards Rotty

Reply to
Rotty

I have often used epoxy to fasten an ornamental part to a steel railing. It's not welding, but it has worked for me. And it is clean, neat, and easy.

Jim

Reply to
Jim