Welding table,checker plate.

Would I make the working surface flat or use the checker side as the table surface?

You need a smooth flat reference surface to align and clamp parts before welding. If you're concerned about accidentally welding the work to the table, tack it and then put it on firebricks.
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
This is a comm check from a new(er) computer.
https://www.avg.com
And it worked! Now I can retire the XP laptop and move forward to Win7.
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
This is a comm check from a new(er) computer.
https://www.avg.com

Congrats!