Welding table,checker plate.

Would I make the working surface flat or use the checker side as the table surface?

Reply to
F Murtz

You need a smooth flat reference surface to align and clamp parts before welding. If you're concerned about accidentally welding the work to the table, tack it and then put it on firebricks.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

This is a comm check from a new(er) computer.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

And it worked! Now I can retire the XP laptop and move forward to Win7.

This is a comm check from a new(er) computer.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Congrats!

Reply to