Which TIG wire should I use for 6061 AL

Gentelmen
I have to weld a thin wall 6061 tube to a 1/2" Plate. What is the best TIG wire for this aplication. Also will 175 welder do it.
John Roncallo
thick to thin, always fun. 4043 for a filler, if the part is going to be anodized then 5356
Preheating the 1/2" plate is advisable.
Richard

AMW wrote:

Thanks for the reply
Would silver soldering be a better solution to welding. Or perhaps silversoldering with a bead of weld every 90 degrees?
Your thoughts?
Thank You John Roncallo
Have no experience doing this myself, and not knowing what the application of your part is...see link
http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&q=solder+aluminum
Richard
in message

If you can't get enough heat from your machine you try switching to helium or DCEP process. DCEP requires the largest tungsten you can fit in your torch, thoriated hold up better than pure. Remove oxide layer mechanically. My less than 2 cents worth.