working with copper

I want to wrap some copper wire around some metal sculpture at the joints of the metal rods. This copper would be decorative only. I want to make sure the copper wire doesn't unwind. I will be using larger wire, probably a #3. I was wondering what would be a good way to finish this off. Solder? Heat with a torch, like sweating? TIG with just a very quick exactly placed arc?

Ideas, please.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Tuck the end under the winding if possible. You could TIG it with a quick hot pulse, but you will get considerable discoloration.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

# 3 copper should be big enough to attach with a small , possibly # 4 machine screw. You could make one from copper since strenght is not a requirement. Hope this helps..

Reply to
John D