working with copper

I want to wrap some copper wire around some metal sculpture at the joints of
the metal rods. This copper would be decorative only. I want to make sure
the copper wire doesn't unwind. I will be using larger wire, probably a #3.
I was wondering what would be a good way to finish this off. Solder? Heat
with a torch, like sweating? TIG with just a very quick exactly placed arc?
Ideas, please.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
Tuck the end under the winding if possible. You could TIG it with a quick hot pulse, but you will get considerable discoloration.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler
# 3 copper should be big enough to attach with a small , possibly # 4 machine screw. You could make one from copper since strenght is not a requirement. Hope this helps..
Reply to
John D