wow, a score today

I got a late-model Airco Camograph today. It's complete and needed minor lubrication to get going, but now it's completely functional. It's a freestanding model, a 3" stainless heavy tube about 80" tall with bolt-on feet, then the swing-arm torch mechanism and above that the pattern holder.

I don't really need it, but it was chump change and man I had to have it! It can cut any pattern up to about 3x4'. I believe it would be easy to adapt it to hold a plasma machine torch - the Hypertherm T60M has the identical barrel diameter but slightly different rack dimensions, might be able to swap the rack or swap the pinion gear.

The machine torch appears completely usable, itself worth about what I paid. The pattern cutting machine is amazingly built. All the main mechanical arms are stainless or heavy aluminum or solid aluminum, and all the knobs are large and made of brass. There's very little on it to rust, which is important up here in the Pacific Northwest. This machine came out of a university shop and seems in real decent shape.

Grant Erwin

Reply to
Grant Erwin

That sounds really neat!

I have a CNC 4'x4' table plasma machine - Hypertherm 600 and cut a lot of stuff. Just not enough volume to make like pay for itself yet.

I take that it is a pantograph pen tracing type of machine ? handy to copy or make wood patterns...

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Grant Erw> I got a late-model Airco Camograph today. It's complete and needed minor

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Sounds like not only a nice unit, but nice looking too. How about a picture?

Steve

Grant Erw> I got a late-model Airco Camograph today. It's complete and needed

Reply to
Steve Smith

Well, I broke it down and tucked it away. But I'll put it back together and shoot some pix and post them after my backlog of paying jobs diminishes.

Grant

Steve Smith wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin