WTB Tig welder 300 amp w/ HF, single phase Lincoln, Miller, older one

Looking for an older 70s or so single phase tig welder, 300 amp Lincoln, Miller etc with High Frequency, with or without water cool tank, foot pedal etc, somewhere around the San Francisco, CA area, can travel some and pick up for the right unit, thanks for looking, Randy....

Reply to
randylands

Call your local welding supplier and find out where they send their machines for repair. Call the repair shop and ask if they have any refurbished machines.

All the repair shops I know have used machines for sale all the time.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Ernie is quite right. Often times someone will bring in a machine for repair...and the repair estimate alone may be more than the owner wants to spend on an older machine, or its been in several times before and they decide to buy a new hip slick and cool machine. (Commercial business's figure its often times cheaper to buy a new machine than fix the old one again when used in commercial applications) Thats how I got my Lincoln Tig 250/250. Ugly, homely, repainted with latex paint..but only a couple cheap things wrong with it, so I got it for the repair estimate and they gave me good used parts from a boneyard machine to get it back up and running. Works great after a repaint, making a cart, etc. I dont think Ive got $200 into the machine and ALL the goodies to make it go.

Gunner

Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious. michael

Reply to
Gunner

Thanks Guys, I just found a Miller Dialarc HF 310 at a local welding school, a welding shop just donated 8 Lincoln 250 tigs to the school and the one I bought was just taken off there floor and upgraded with one of the newer Lincoln's, mine came with the Miller pedal, water pump and tank, thanks again for your info, have a nice day, Randy....

Reply to
randylands