WTD Plans for a PIG Roaster

Sorry to post here, but being a welder, I figure this is where I'm going to get a simple pig roster design out of a 40 gallon drum or a tank or ???????? to do a 80 lb and under.

with or without turning gear. I'd appreciate any design you can send or pics.

cadrian at idirect dot com

Reply to
amc

As soon as it quits raining here, I'll try and take a few pictures of the one I built from a 275 gallon oil drum. I used an old mobile home axle and a 2" ball coupler to make it mobile. There is an optional spit to use made from 1.25 316SS rod, and the roaster doubles as a very large BBQ grill/smoker. Ok, looks like the rain is letting up. I'll try to put the pics in the dropbox (I've never done before) for everyone to look at.

Jeremy

Reply to
highrider71

By the way, this one is made from a 275 gallon tank, and we have done a 132 lb-dressed pig on it. Make sure to wrap the pig with chicken wire as the meat will fall off the bones!

Ok, I uploaded to the dropbox at metalworking.com. File names start with "pigroaster" There are 10 files. Feel free to email me with any questions or comments. Enjoy!

Jeremy

Reply to
highrider71