PETTER A Valve, has anyone got an inlet valve for sale?

Ive tried diseal plant servies, and someone else in devon.

both cant help anyone got one lurking in there shed somewhere or summit like that?

thanks Martyn

i think its gonna have to be SEM, unless any of you can help.

Martyn

Reply to
Martyn Butler

Good news/bad news.I have three Petter A engines on my scrap pile in various states of completeness,two petrol and one petrol/paraffin which are free to anyone who wants them.Downside is I am 40 miles north of Aberdeen in Scotland. I will have a look at the weekend at the valves,there will hopefully be a decent one amongst them to remove to help you out.Be patient though as I am up to the eyeballs in work and play for the next week or so.I am the organiser for the vintage vehicles at our local agricultural show and we are also erecting a large shed at home and a conservatory for 'er indoors.So as you can appreciate I have a bit of a time problem,the only reason I have time to post this reply is that it is raining.Meantime Martyn could you e-mail me your address and I can send you a valve as soon as I get the chance.

Kenny Williams

The wild and Woolseley scotsman.

Reply to
Kenny Williams

Having delved into the garden shed for an hour I have found a pair of valves. Worn but serviceable and I can reface them. I also found piles of Douglas FT 35 spares and another little treasure which I hope will make another of our number happy :-) regards Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Check email to see if I am to be the happy one - but no :-(

BTW if anybody is still hunting through their worldly possessions for a Stuart-Turner Type N cooling pump drive wheel for me, I think I have a solution. A bit of measuring and reference to one of those handy little 'mechanical world' yearbooks, showed the damaged gear to be 24DP x 52 tooth, available off the shelf from HPC. I am now in the process of turning off the old gear just leaving a flange on which to mount the replacement.

Hopefully this will be successful and I will not have to de-marinise (or marinate as Kim rather charmingly put it) the engine by converting to gravity cooling.

Reply to
Nick H

another little

Roland,

Dont leave us in suspense, tell all please.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Don't be lazy, read back through the posts and work it out!

Peter (who knows, because Roly told him...)

Peter A Forbes

Ok Ok Ive done it :-))

Martin P

Reply to