Kidde Model 0910 Smoke Alarm

Hello:

I had installed a model 0910 Kidde smoke alarm.

This is supposedly the latest and greatest ionization model, and also has the sealed, 10 year Li-Ion battery.

The unit is on the ceiling in an upstairs hallway, and from everything I can tell, this is a dry, and most normal location. No undue dust, temp., odors, etc.

Anyway, the unit would give 3 to 4 chirps every day or two, at totally random times. No correlation with time of day, meal cooking, etc. Truly random.

Just 3-4 chirps, then nothing until next time, 24 to 48 hrs later.

Called Kidde, and they were nice enought to send me a new unit. They had absolutely no idea what the 3-4 chirps might mean, or why.

The new unit is doing the same behavior.

I guess I will just find a different brand to put up, but am wondering why, with two units, what might be happening.

- Any service history or recalls with the model 0910 ?

- Any ideas on ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11