Cast Iron

Got the new camera battery in ... here are some pics of the cast iron repairs I'm working on . The faucet will have to be reworked , this time it'll be preheated and the weld will be peened as it cols . The stove grates are in much worse shape than I thought they would be , butI think they can be repaired . There are descriptions on the photos , these parts will be preheated and kept hot while I'm working them . I'm probably going to have to heat both parts and alternate working on them to keep the temps up . I'll be using the Invar TIG rod that Dan sent me for this repair because it's more ductile than cast iron and shrinkage is less , putting less tension on the part as each weld is done . Welds will be lightly peened as they cool - it might not be really necessary , but it surely can't hurt .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

OOOPPPS , forgot to add the link !

Terry Coombs

Looks very nice to me! Let's see how it holds up to fire...

Ignoramus29856