Dremel - what is the difference between the standard and top of the line?

LOL , I was wondering how you'd answer that question.

Driving people away till the 1st so you don't feel bad cause they could have had them at after X-Mas special price ?

As for Dremels , I still think they should run the other direction. I lost my first one for a yr. and was given an other type then found the other one under the kitchen sink. Wish I could find or make stronger wire wheels for them to get junk out of internal threads.

Reply to
Sunworshipper

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner wrote back on Sun, 05 Dec 2004 02:36:18 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Oops, Pronoun trouble. I should have used a proper noun, so that it reads "You might want to go get a couple more chuck keys."

I'm having a surrealistic moment, parsing the song lyric "Chuck Keys in Love" ... I haven't had my coffee this morning.

Good luck to the dogs, I'm not a big dog person myself.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

You might want to try a Roto-Zip.

My choice would be a pneumatic grinder. I have used mine under flowing water to grind glass. Can't do that with an electric grinder.

Reply to
Stephen

Gunner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I've got a couple of Dremel 3-jaw chucks.

The "funny" thing is that the won't work well on my older flex shaft but will on my newer one.

FWIW, the latest "top-of-the-line" Dremel kit includes a planer and a saw that are both powered by the mototool.

Reply to
Bob

"SteveB" wrote in news:U48sd.187172$G15.141109@fed1read03:

Go for it!

Get the latest-and-greatest top-of-the-line kit: comes with some very neat goodies!

I have 5 of them at the moment (3 corded VS, 1 2-speed cordless, and a corded VS clone received as a "free gift" from some mail-order bunch) and love them for light work in a variety of materials.

2 of the corded units are semi-permanently dedicated to accessory usage: router and shaper.

I'm always finding new uses for them.

If nothing else it makes it easy for kinfolk to supply me with Birthday and Christmas presents: I'll never complain about duplication!

If you have a compressor, though, you might look into a pneumatic flex- shaft unit such as the Campbell-Housefield (sp?) PL153000AV or equivalent. Twice the speed (60K vs. 30K) and no motor housing to mess with.

Reply to
RAM^3

So get a flex shaft for your Dremel!

Most of the "better" kits come with a flex shaft and stand.

Reply to
RAM^3