LEGO Milling Machine

Ignoramus22359

Cool (!) machine, but "LEGO"? When I see "LEGO", I think of something made from those little plastic blocks. Now, I guess, "LEGO" means "made by the LEGO company". Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Not so much by LEGO the company as by a hardcore LEGO enthusiast:

Well, a hardcore LEGO enthusiast with some professional interest as a (former?) LEGO reseller in Brazil as far as I can tell from the About page. In other words, an enthusiast with no shortage of LEGO parts and considerable skill who did an amazing job!

Reply to
passerby

Well, in that case, my opinion is totally changed. I had assumed that the milling machine was made from dedicated parts, as designed by LEGO engineers. Cool, but not "Wow".

However, given that is was built by an individual with _off the shelf_ parts, I am impressed.

Thanks for the clarification.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

It is built with standard of-the-shelf parts from Lego Technic. There is a lot of sensors and motors and positioning devices available from Lego.

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

In the true CNCZONE attitude... I can mill "steel" with that right!

Bob La Londe