LISP in 2005 drawing editor?

I would assume that LISP programs will work in the dwg editor. Haven't actually tried it yet but did see the need for one almost immediately. The only reasons we still maintain a seat of AutoCad is for cleaning up the DXF files from SolidWorks and saving them as release 12 (obsolete CAM program for our lasers). It appears that this can be done within the drawing editor but it takes a combination of dialog boxes and command line input to do so. Can anyone whip up a simple LISP or macro to accomplish this more simply? We need to be able to enter a name (8.3 format again the obsolete CAM package),select a network drive & directory and select the entities to be saved and finally save it as a acad r12 dxf. I would love to be able to write CANCEL on the next bill from AutoDesk!

Reply to
Not Necessarily Me

So far all the LISP code I've run has worked.

I can't get printing to work correctly though. Select File-> Print and it crashes every time. The toolbar icon does print but I can't set any options.

Does anyone know how to get "acaddoc.lsp" to load automatically? I'm having to do an appload every time I open a dwg. Once loaded it does work, even loading code from external .lsp files.

Wish this had come out six months ago, we could have saved buying a license for "brand A". I don't use it much anymore, just for old drawings and stuff that comes in from outside.

Richard

Not Necessarily Me wrote:

Reply to
Richard M

Richard,

We do not have 2005 yet but what I read sounds good. Does the "DWGeditor also support vba ? For your Question: Does it also have a acad.lsp installed ? If yes type (load "acaddoc.lsp") into it. (you could also use a s::startup function to load your own functions)

"Richard M" schreef in bericht news:65%Yc.2$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews4.bellsouth.net...

Reply to
Bert Muijtstege

Take your acaddoc.lsp file and copy it to a file called "dwgeditor.lsp" and put that in the "SWInstall - DWGEditor - English" directory.

When you open a drawing, it should load automatically then.

Also, if you have key commands in your lisp file that are different than the default aliases, the default aliases will be executed. Example, if you have a Copy command in your lisp file that is 'assigned" to the C key, DWGEditor will NOT run it. It will run the Circle command because that is the alias assigned to the C key. If you want to run yours, you have to delete the alias.

Also, some of the dimension variables in DWGEditor behave differently (broke?) than the brand A ones....

Reply to
Mr. Pickles

I messed around with it in pre-release form and found VBA support was there. The documentation was pretty shoddy unless you wanted to pay something to $3000 (or some other ridiculous amount) to the IronCAD consortium.

Evan

Reply to
Evan T. Basalik

Evan,

Do you mean IronCAd or IntelliCad ? I think IronCAD is a Hybride SolidModeler and Intellicad a ACAD klone. I know Intellicad has the same VBA syntax as Acad so this will not be a problem.

Bert

"Evan T. Basalik" schreef in bericht news:BHmZc.55415$% snipped-for-privacy@bignews6.bellsouth.net...

immediately.

Reply to
Bert Muijtstege

All of them.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

It is easier to have a copy of 2005 present :-) Still not arrived here. What version DWG format is supported ?

"Mr. Pickles" schreef in bericht news:qU7Zc.28548$wu.9870@okepread04...

Reply to
Bert Muijtstege

Take your acaddoc.lsp file and copy it to a file called "dwgeditor.lsp" and put that in the "SWInstall - DWGEditor - English" directory.

When you open a drawing, it should load automatically then.

Also, if you have key commands in your lisp file that are different than the default aliases, the default aliases will be executed. Example, if you have a Copy command in your lisp file that is 'assigned" to the C key, DWGEditor will NOT run it. It will run the Circle command because that is the alias assigned to the C key. If you want to run yours, you have to delete the alias.

Also, some of the dimension variables in DWGEditor behave differently (broke?) than the brand A ones....

Reply to
detroitpickles

Thats a short answer :-) Do not have to buy a acad LT2005 for converting now, will wait for the SW

2005 to arrive

  • Runs off to the IT Manager*

"Dale Dunn" schreef in bericht news:Xns95578412A1388daledunnatjamestoolc@65.24.7.150...

Reply to