Question about adding an object to toolbox but modifying length upon insertion?

I don't know about Toolbox, but the way we do it here is that we have all the bulk materials created as different templates. That way you have Bulk Material available as a tab in the File/New box, and when you double click on one of the templates, it opens a new file with all the configurations of all the different sizes. This then becomes your file and you can change lengths, add configs, save it as whatever you wish.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I have over 20 different profiles of beams that we make.

Would like to be able add them to my toolbox and have them prompt me on insertion how long to make them. When I had them to my toolbox now, it only allows me to have different configurations.

Is there another way I am overlooking?

Thanks.

Reply to
ryan

if you create them as proflile sketches and save them as library part files put them in the directories ...../solidworks/data\weldment profliles\ and use similar directory structure to what the shipped files are and you will be able to add them to a part file like that.

then you add a sketch representing the length of your part. then hit Structural Member. select the correct profile and select the line and it will extrude the profile to the length of the line. If you want to do this all from an assembly you could write a macro shouldn't be to complex.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich