1:1 Ugly Stick

Some time back, someone was building an experimental aircraft that was a 1:1 of an Ugly Stick. Did it ever fly?

Reply to
Joe D.

Maybe you're thinking of the pilot-carrying rubber-band-powered aircraft--The Rubber Bandit:

Ah--the official home page:

Seems it still has not flown.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

A click on the Project Update from the official site shows no updates since August '03. Maybe they are still winding up the rubberband?

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Or it got over wound and broke!

Ouch! That hurts to even think about!

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

That would be reminiscent of the incident where a hundred or so school children were pulling on a nylon rope that broke. Ouch!

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

I dunno. I've been reading about the project for years, on and off.

They use a power take-off from a tractor to wind the motor. I gather that they've got some kind of safety cage for the guy on the tractor. :o)

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Their website shows the project thru the years but the latest picture is over 2 years old and the update page is nearly a year old with nothing on it but the date. Some of the TBA program listings are better than 5 years old. Sounded like an interesting project but, at least from what I see on the site, it has petered out or something.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople