airbrush question

I would like to do one of those "torn metal" effects with paint on my
airplane and have a question for the airbrush afficionado's out there.
Since the main color of the plane will be black, I think it will be
diffucult to shadow. Most "torn open" art I have seen has been on a color
other than black and black can then be used for the shadowing. Should I use
white? Is the idea mainly a contrasting color?
thanks everyone
Brad
Reply to
Brad Lorance
Use a medium dark, flat gray for the shadow. If you use white or too light a gray, it'll look phony.
MJC
Reply to
MJC
excellent......I was kinda thinking that, but was not sure as I am no artist.
thanks again MJC
Brad
Reply to
Brad Lorance