airbrush question

I would like to do one of those "torn metal" effects with paint on my airplane and have a question for the airbrush afficionado's out there.

Since the main color of the plane will be black, I think it will be diffucult to shadow. Most "torn open" art I have seen has been on a color other than black and black can then be used for the shadowing. Should I use white? Is the idea mainly a contrasting color?

thanks everyone

Brad

Reply to
Brad Lorance

Use a medium dark, flat gray for the shadow. If you use white or too light a gray, it'll look phony.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

excellent......I was kinda thinking that, but was not sure as I am no artist.

thanks again MJC

Brad

Reply to
Brad Lorance