airtronicxs vg6000 vs futaba exas

hi which radio is better

the futaba is compatible with nmore stuff but the airtronics has a nice screen setup near the top of the radio

i want to do flying wing mixing and buddy box flying with the capability to hook into a flight sim later

thanks

Reply to
kruliczek

I don't fly those radios, but I DO fly Airtronics RD6000's. They have all the features you were looking for AND can shift the modulation phase from negative (Airtronics,Hitech, and JR - IIRC) to positive (Futaba). This means that you have the ability to trade, buy, or work with any other NON PCM FM radio system out there.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High
6 O'Clock -- The Futabas and Hitecs are negative shift. Airtronics, JR & Multiplex are positive. Don't own one, but I do like the shift select of the RD6000. Airtronics used to be a PITA because their servos had nonstardard connectors, but they fixed that and their servos will work with everybody's receivers now.

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee

Yup, 'cept the Hitec radios (Eclipse 7, Optic 6) are now shift selectable too, and with the freq synthesizer module, my Eclipse Tx is compatible with any PPM Rx on 72 Mhz . Now that Airtronics have standard connectors, it's Futaba that is the oddball. As I have acquired most of my R/C stuff at swap meets, it's nice not to have to be concerned about compatibility between brands. Most of my Futaba stuff has had the keying blade shaved off the servo and battery connectors so it fits with everything else. Now if JR would get with the rest of the world re the charge connector, I would be at less risk of frying my XP8103..............

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

Is the VG6000 a replacement for (or the same as) the RD6000 from a couple years ago. It appears Airtronics has perhaps enhanced the RD6000 to make it a RD8000 and renamed the RD6000 as VG6000. Anyway, the price of $170 for a 4 module VG6000 is unbelievable. Earl

Reply to
Earl Partridge

Haven't bought an RD6000 in a couple of years, so I cannot swear to it but I think you are incorrect.

I bought an RD8000 last year and IT supports TEN models where the RD6000 SPORT supports 4 and RD6000 SUPER supports 6 or 8 (I am too lazy to go downstairs and check it out right now). IIRC the pricing on the RD6000 is around $210 with the Super being $250 and the RD8000 $275.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

The VG6000 is a new radio system and did not replace any other radio. The VG6000 is a very large bang for your buck. I recommend it for an entry level system. I started out with the original RD6000 then upgraded to the new RD8000 I now use the RD6000 for my buddy box. My students now have dual rates, expo, and all the RD6000 mixes and advance functions to use.

O4U2P