AMA - Can I just send 'em a buck?

My AMA is prepaid for 2004 but my 10 year old boy (who by the way - just soloed) needs to re-up for

2004. I'm wondering if I can just stick a buck in the envelope and send his renewal in or should I make out a check for $1.00?
Reply to
Mike Gordon

rokman

Knowing that the Post Office advises against sending cash through the mail! And knowing too that cash sometimes (not always and not even most of the time) has a way of vanishing from mail. But knowing too that there is little you can do about that as long as it is cash you send. I guess it all depends on how much you trust the folks at AMA HQ to properly handle and credit you with that dollar!

Send the buck! Let's see what happens!

Reply to
Fly Higher

Reply to
Mike Gordon

Mike,

Save 37 cents. Why not just renew your son's membership on line?

They take VISA or MASTER card.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Punch four quarter-size holes in some heavy cardboard, insert a quarter in each, tape them all in place, cut the cardboard to fit your envelope, insert the cardboard in the envelope, don't forget to include your AMA number, and why you're doing all this.

Send it to Kellogg's, Battle Creek, Michigan and you'll have your set of ....ooops Jeekers ~ old guys really fall for trolls... sorry.

DC3

Reply to
DC3Gooney

I wanted to mail a house key across town. The post office would not let me put it in an envelope, even with cardboard. I was told the sorting machine would tear it up. It had to be in a padded envelope.

Been there / done that, 45 years ago. It took months to get my "remote controlled frogman". Turned out to be a plastic diver with one movable leg. A squeeze bulb and hose inflated a balloon that flexed the leg. Looked pretty cool swimming around the algae incrusted horse trough on the farm. Sea Hunt, now there was a show!

Tom

Reply to
Tom Johnson

Reply to
Mike Gordon

Just remember, in the US the buck is "legal tender for all debts public and private". Should anyone refuse to accept it for payment of any devt, by US code the debt is then cleared and any goods or services rendered or provided are free.

Want to really tick the IRS off? Use cash next time. And ask for a reciept!:)

Reply to
Fly Higher

That's a sure way to get audited. Good luck. Joe L.

Reply to
JosLvng

How to win friends and influence people.... pi$$'em off....? . Arne, CT, USA .

Reply to
arnereil