AMA renewal

When do we get our AMA renewal forms?

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Any time now.

If you're in a hurry, you can do it online - see the membership FAQ and follow the renewal link.

Of course, you still have to wait for the ballot.

Do by all means vote. It matters. Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Yesterday. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Got mine yesterday (Monday) in Texas.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

Received mine on Monday in Northern VA.

Brian Allen

Reply to
Brian W. Allen

Just can't wait to flush 50 bucks? Why not pay extra for a lower number. You could then be 'kool' and letter it on the side of your plane.

Normen Strobel wrote:

Reply to
Name

Can you really do that?

Reply to
JR

can you really do that?

Reply to
JR

Got mine last week.

Reply to
WMHJ

Reply to
Sand57

yesterday

Normen Strobel wrote:

Reply to
jim breeeyar

Reply to
jim breeeyar

I remember when it was $12 and you could elect to NOT receive the rag.

Reply to
Fly Higher

Yeah, but how much was gas then... 30 cents a gallon? And lawsuits were practically unheard of. :-)

Jack

Reply to
Jack Goff

Actually it was 28 ccents where I was. And if you had a gripe with someone, you just went over and punched them in the nose. Easy enough!

Ah.................the good ol' days!

Reply to
Fly Higher

Hi Fred... What do you mean it matters to vote? Here only Charlie Bauer (the incumbent) is running and nobody else is running against him (District #6). So if he gets just one vote he is in. And I assume he will get far more than that anyway. So tell me why it matters once again?

By the way, the online renewal doesn't offer partial year discounts. Although I don't know if you ask for one in the comment section if this would work or not.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wolff

To put things in perspective, Charlie Bauer is the least of AMA's 'problem children', compared to the doofus down here.

The winner is the one who gets a plurality, so if you lot don't want Bauer, enough write-ins for someone else (who is otherwise qualified) can indeed make a change. If Bauer gets one vote, and the write-in gets two, good ol' Charlie is out. I doubt the total votes will be 3, but you never know. Voter apathy has kept the flea brain District V VP in office for decades.

Dunno why you're expecting a partial-year discount on a renewal, since they are only applicable to new memberships.

Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

If this the first time you've renewed your AMA, and you're expecting a partial discount, you need to wait for your renewal form to come in the mail. AFAIK, the online form is just a form. It can't tell who you are...

The only sure way is to wait for your paper renewal form.

Of course, if you've been an AMA member for more than a partial year, you get no discount. Whether you realize it or not, you're reaping the benefits of the AMA's work year-round, not just when you're flying. It's only fair that you should pay the full year's dues.

Reply to
Mathew Kirsch

Reply to
John R. Agnew