NAR section renewal

When does the NAR usually send out the section (and insurance) renewal forms. We always seem to just barely get them, fill them out and return them before flying season is upon us again. Also our local park district requires proof of insurance for our club to fly in their field. I can't remember when the forms have arrived in the past. Should we be concerned that we haven't gotten our renewal form, or are they not usually sent out until March or April and we don't have to worry about it yet?

Thanks.

Jonathan

----- Jonathan Sivier Secretary, Central Illinois Aerospace jsivier AT uiuc.edu NAR #56437 Tripoli #1906 CIA Web Site:

Page:
"Remember to always keep the pointy end up."

Reply to
Jonathan Sivier

Have you called NAR HQ?

Why would r.m.r. provide useful information on NAR

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Section charters and insurance expire in early April so HQ should be sending out the renewal notices any time now...

Reply to
Mark Johnson

thanks Mark.

see R.M.R. is useful for NAR info !

Reply to
AlMax

I am curious. How long has your club been in existence?

Reply to
Greg Cisko

just got notice, section renewals will be out by the end of this week

Reply to
tater schuld

We started the Central Illinois Aerospace club in the spring of 1992. Section renewal always seems to be a bit of a problem. The renewal form gets sent to one person, but another person (myself) writes the check, so there is plenty of opportunity for miscommunication and delay in getting the form filled out and returned. Especially when the insurance information changes. It would be nice to have a little more lead time on this.

Jonathan

----- Jonathan Sivier Secretary, Central Illinois Aerospace jsivier AT uiuc.edu NAR #56437 Tripoli #1906 CIA Web Site:

Page:
"Remember to always keep the pointy end up."

Reply to
Jonathan Sivier

Then you should know the drill. The section I am affiliated with has been around since 2000, and NAR HQ has always gotten everything together on time.

Reply to
Greg Cisko

Well if you know about this feature you should be able to defense against it. No???

The section I am affiliateed with, and started in 2000 has had no such problems.

Reply to
Greg Cisko

I'm glad to hear you are so perfect. However we are mere mortals. I was asking for the information so that perhaps we could "defense (sic) against it". If we knew when to expect the form perhaps we could be prepared to get it taken care of. If only you had actually included some genuine information in your replies, such as when the forms get mailed and when they need to be in to get the insurance taken care of by April 1. Luckily other people were willing to share some of their knowledge and I found that the forms are set to go out Real Soon Now and need to be in before the last week in March. That only leaves about a week between the time we will get the form and when they have to be mailed. Given that many of us have jobs and lives outside of model rocketry it doesn't bode well for us being able to get them mailed in time. However we will do the best we can.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Sivier