NARCON 2006

It's now official and I can let the cat out of the bag.
WOOSH will host NARCON for the third year in a row. For 2006 those
dates will be March 10-12. It'll be held at the same location, UW- Parkside in Kenosha, WI.
Now for the big announcement. We are proud to have two great keynote speakers this year. On Friday March 10th, Leroy Piester, who started Centuri Engineering Corporation and ran it till it was sold to Damon Corporation, will be our keynote speaker. On Saturday March 11th, Matt Steele, who started and ran North Coast Rocketry until it was sold to Estes (I "think" Damon still owned them at that time), will be our keynote speaker.
So, now's the time for everyone to mark their calendars. You won't want to miss this event! The cost for the hotel this next year (same one) will be $77/night. You can get some info about the location and hotel by going to the NARCON 2005 site at http://www.narcon2005.org . It'll be awhile before the 2006 site goes online.
--
Scott D. Hansen
WOOSH NAR Section #558 http://www.wooshrocketry.org

Experience is a feature.
Does this exceed the tenure of MIT yet?

DO NOT MISS.

I've got hte perfect payload section for that cat...

Hardly. MITCON ran for about 15 years, +/- a few, as did PITCON.
IIRC the intent of the NAR BOD was to keep NARCON in place for 3 years, int he hopes that it would gain critical mass, and become a continuing convention even after NARCON moved on. Alas, that has not yet happened with Champaign or Dallas (are there other sites hat have hosted back to back NARCONs yet that I've forgot?). Maybe Kenosha will be the first.
Vulcans believe peace should not depend on force. -- Amanda, "Journey to Babel," stardate 3842.3
On 21 Jun 2005 12:24:39 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

We ran a mini-convention for a couple of years BEFORE we hosted NARCON and have discussed doing this again, but it hasn't happened yet. As many of you know putting on an event like this is a lot of work. We enjoyed hosting NARCON, but we were ready to take a break after 3 years.
I was very impressed with NARCON this year and it makes me interested in possibly having the CIA host it here in C-U again in the not-too-distant future.
Jonathan ----- Jonathan Sivier Secretary, Central Illinois Aerospace jsivier AT uiuc.edu NAR #56437 Tripoli #1906 CIA Web Site: http://www.prairienet.org/cia / Home Page: https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/jsivier/www / ----- "Remember to always keep the pointy end up."
i'll be there
--
Tater
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)

Nope. NCR by Estes was post Damon. I'll have to bring some "artifacts"...
Vulcans believe peace should not depend on force. -- Amanda, "Journey to Babel," stardate 3842.3
kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD says...

Ya, Roy Green and Mary Roberts both straightened that out for me. ;-)
--
Scott D. Hansen
WOOSH NAR Section #558 http://www.wooshrocketry.org
Glad to be of service!
says...

Hey, there's a name I haven't heard in a long! How is Mary Roberts these days? What's she up to?