Ama Discount for 2nd year?

I re-joined the AMA last year after April, and am supposed to get a discount on this years dues, but my renewal notice came with the standard renewal rate. How does one go about getting the discount from the full payment from last year?

Reply to
Trowelfaz

I think the keyword is Re-joined. The discount is only offered to first timers.

If you drop out for a few years and re-join you don't get the discount. Or at least that is my understanding.

The same is true for our club dues, new members are pro-rated, but not re-jo>I re-joined the AMA last year after April, and am supposed to get a discount

Reply to
emcook

AMA and Discount? Don't think that in the time and space continuum, these terms are supposed to be used in close proximity to each other ;>) Bill

Reply to
me

Don't think, just read :

Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Sounds like a JR post! (;-))<

Reply to
CainHD

That only applies to new memberships. Otherwise, EVERYBODY would be joining on April 1, and demanding 25% off next year's dues every year. Yeah, you only fly for 6 months out of the year, but the AMA works year-round, and you get the benefits of that work, whatever that may be.

Reply to
Mathew Kirsch

Mine was processed as a new membership after being a non-member for some 12+ years. I even received a letter stating I would receive a 25% discount on the second years dues, but when I got the renewal, it was the standard $$. I guess I will call them.

Reply to
Trowelfaz

Don't be too disappointed at the answer.

I wonder how they get by selling a one year insurance policy but only providing coverage for a few months. That would be violating laws of several states. Somebody ought to jerk that chain.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (broke=not working, retired=not working, retired=broke)

Reply to
Brokebob

Well, Bob, you go ahead and jerk that chain. The AMA would have to be stupid to have not checked out all the legalities BEFORE offering memberships and insurance for partial years. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Jerk all you want.

AMA doesn't sell insurance policies, they sell memberships.

The insurance coverage is a benefit of holding membership in the organization.

No membership, no insurance coverage. Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Fred,

And if you can't see that the big draw for the vast majority of the members is the INSURANCE!

Then I'd like to know what planet you've been living on?

Reply to
Fly Higher