Ama Discount for 2nd year?

I re-joined the AMA last year after April, and am supposed to get a discount on this years dues, but my renewal notice came with the standard renewal
rate. How does one go about getting the discount from the full payment from last year?
I think the keyword is Re-joined. The discount is only offered to first timers.
If you drop out for a few years and re-join you don't get the discount. Or at least that is my understanding.
The same is true for our club dues, new members are pro-rated, but not re-joining members.
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:49:29 -0500, "Trowelfaz"

AMA and Discount? Don't think that in the time and space continuum, these terms are supposed to be used in close proximity to each other ;>) Bill

discount
from

Don't think, just read : http://modelaircraft.org/templates/ama/PDF-Files/912.pdf
Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Sounds like a JR post! (;-))<

That only applies to new memberships. Otherwise, EVERYBODY would be joining on April 1, and demanding 25% off next year's dues every year. Yeah, you only fly for 6 months out of the year, but the AMA works year-round, and you get the benefits of that work, whatever that may be.
Mine was processed as a new membership after being a non-member for some 12+ years. I even received a letter stating I would receive a 25% discount on the second years dues, but when I got the renewal, it was the standard $$. I guess I will call them.

discount
from
Don't be too disappointed at the answer.
I wonder how they get by selling a one year insurance policy but only providing coverage for a few months. That would be violating laws of several states. Somebody ought to jerk that chain.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (broke=not working, retired=not working, retired=broke)

Well, Bob, you go ahead and jerk that chain. The AMA would have to be stupid to have not checked out all the legalities BEFORE offering memberships and insurance for partial years. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"
On 04 Oct 2003 23:05:50 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Brokebob) wrote:

Jerk all you want.
AMA doesn't sell insurance policies, they sell memberships.
The insurance coverage is a benefit of holding membership in the organization.
No membership, no insurance coverage. Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com
Fred,
And if you can't see that the big draw for the vast majority of the members is the INSURANCE!
Then I'd like to know what planet you've been living on?
(Brokebob) wrote:

providing
states.