Anyone running a Moki 2.10?

Mine just arrived from Hungary. It cost $275 delivered, brand new in a plain box.

Never thought I would own one of these monsters. Now I have a suitable powerplant for my CMP CAP 232.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 12:55:01 -0500, "Ed Cregger" wrote in :

Sounds like fun!

Let us know how it turns out ...

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

What shop did you buy it from?

TIA RFan

Reply to
RFAN

---------------

I bought it direct, or so I thought. The URL is on RCU. I could find it if you are interested.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

---------------

Thanks, Marty. I hope I actually get to run and fly this one.

I was thinking about "our" MVVS 2.15 gas engine. Did you ever get it straightened out? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Right now simplicity (glow) is what I have been focusing on.

I did buy that Spektrum DX-7. If it works as described, that could be an answer to all of the spark noise problems that some folks have these days.

It has been too windy around these parts to even think of flying. Then again, it is March.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 04:23:39 -0500, "Ed Cregger" wrote in :

Our 2.15 MVVS is doing well in a GP Wagstaff Extra 300.

It doesn't have unlimited vertical.

It starts and runs well.

The problem children are my 1.6 MVVS engines. It seems that our high-octane fuel isn't high enough to make them happy. I done blowed one up, broke one in a crash, and am hoping that the third will do better on 100 octane aviation fuel.

It was 0 F here yesterday with sub-zero windchills. Public schools were closed. Today it's warmed up to 9 F. ;o)

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

--------------

I'm sorry to hear that about your MVVS 1.6 gas engines.

This is probably a ridiculous question, in view of your thorough engine knowledge, but have you tried adding shims under the cylinder head to reduce the compression ratio? Or perhaps used an after market octane booster? You probably have - but you never know.

Someone else asked where I bought the Moki 2.10 in another thread. I bought it from:

It took a little over a week for it to arrive after placing the order.

This is the first time that I have ever had a Moki engine in my hands. I am thoroughly impressed with the fit and finish. I had no idea that they were this nice in appearance and feel.

You gave me the idea of where to put my new Moki 2.10. While I was thinking of putting it in the CMP CAP 232, you reminded me of the NIB Wagstaff Extra (GP) that I have, which would utilize this engine's extra power perfectly. I have other engines that I can use in the CMP CAP 232 (ST G2300 or an ASP

1.80 four-stroke).

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 07:54:18 -0500, "Ed Cregger" wrote in :

Me, too. ;o)

If the 100 octane aviation fuel doesn't work, that'll be my next step. I've written Pé and he's got shims available--along with a boatload of other replacement parts for the inside of the engine (crankshaft, con rod, & bearing).

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

SNIP.

SNIP

There is an Ignition throttle isolator available that makes throttle installation simple as the servo goes right next to the engine and connects to the radio via optical fiber. Look on e-Bay under Ignition Throttle Isolator...

I have been flying one for about 2 years after some extensive testing.

Jim

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

"Martin X. Moleski, SJ" > wrote

What "blowed up" on it?

Reply to
Morgans

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:43:49 -0500, "Morgans" wrote in :

The bearing in the con rod failed.

I probably ruined the crankshaft, too. I don't have the tools to check roundness, so I'll probably have to buy one to make sure that I don't ruin the new con rod & bearing.

Ran a lot of metal through the engine.

I shouldn't 'a' done that. :o(

But I found out what was making the funny noises. :-O

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ